BlendCrv: Show Curvature - Option for ONLY the Curve Graph

Okay so let’s say you’re doing a Blendcrv from a surface edge (to get iso direction) and then blend to on an edge, and Show Curvature, you get such an info overload and it can really be heavy graphics wise - orbiting can be practically at a standstill for me. And of course, the correct Display Scale for your created curve in question, may only be visible when everything is else shot up to a huge scale.

I wouldn’t suggest getting rid of this option or the way it works right now, but perhaps an isolate option in the dialog so I just see my new curve. I get the neighouring object curvatures are important, but I just want to get a general idea sometimes.

Basically, seems like it’s missing something. Always thought, only wondered now to ask.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve had this wish myself in exactly this circumstance.

-Pascal

1 Like

I just tried replicating this because I expect to run into it in the future, but I wasn’t able to.

Doing a BlendCrv between two surface edges and selecting the curvature comb option only showed it for the edge I was creating, as was expected.

Hello - if the inputs are surface edges and not curves that are sitting along the edges, then you’d normally see the graphs for each input surface as well as the new curve, but you can make it all better, if not perfect, as Wim pointed out to me, by just shutting off the U and V hairs in the CurvatureGraph controls. I guess ideally the selected edges would show the graph as if they were free curves.

-Pascal

1 Like

never noticed that about the CurvatureGraph dialog override. Perhaps there’s a macro for before running blendcrv to temporarily shut off the options, and possibly remember them and turn them on after.

Until such time I’ll remember the override! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jonathan - the curvature graph panel remembers the settings between sessions. That should help some.
-wim