Blend surface giving me gaps

Hi does anyone know why this happens?

here is the model if anyone wants to have a hit at it
crazy fillets.3dm (527.8 KB)

If the green fillet is the one you were talking about, I rotated the seam of the revolved red surface away (steps: dupborder, untrim, srfseam, rotate seam by 180 deg, trim using dupborder result), then blendsrf works better. I did not check if rotating the seam or simply retrimming did the job. Check that out.

Raja, i have no clue what you did and why

was that the correct fillet you were talking about?
I listed the steps of what i did, did you try these?
regarding why - surface seams (specially with revolved surfaces) and bad trimming can create problems for subsequent operations. Hence, the steps.

actually i am trying to resolve all the fillets in the file using whatever operations i can but its really tought in rhino and i never used some of the steps you did before so its why am asking

ok, i understand. do check the help file for the commands unfamiliar to you. The wheel design is complex enough to practice surface modelling. But if you are on a deadline, then there are two commands which can be helpful in visualizing automotive features without modelling them- ApplyShutLining and ApplyEdgeSoftening.

Rhino is a huge programme takes many years to get used to however i have never faced such models before in rhino so i love to consult the forum, can you apply some of the fillets raja? i mean complete a few to see

Hi Mitviz- the surface edges are not quite in the right places - RebuildEdges on the input surfaces and you will see that they jump out to where the blend thinks they are. The difference is very small, within tolerance.

-Pascal

You’ve been heading wrong direction. Adjacent surfaces are not good, plus they are trimmed surfaces. So, I would say there is no hope making above G1 continuity.

crazy fillets.3dm (1023.0 KB)

Hi!
I just tried on one fillet (see attachment). Just used DupEdge, and the Sweep2, with the Arc as cross section. There’s a slight dent/jump on the surface I get, because of the trimmed surface edges that are wrong, but it’s the best I can do. Not an expert, though! :wink:crazy fillets.3dm (661.5 KB)