Blend challenge - multiblend - patch issue - G2

All good solutions. But instead of staying to spend time to build everything, line by line, I say to developers: a “Multiblend” tool, like that found in VSR should be avoided? Use the patch gives little quality, perform poorly.
Certain development choices and programming I do not understand!
A free-form modeler who does not have some basic tools …
To have one of shelling tool we had to wait five versions of Rhino, about 25 years! Crazy!
Do not always want to criticize, but, for example, the “chamfer” command is always the same; improvements yes, but implement an asymmetric chamfer would be big news and the natural evolution of an instrument. But nothing …
The list is long …

dear everybody
the topic of this post is about:
-> how to fill the given hole with a G2 surface / surface combination
(and i think it is solved very nicely by several approaches - thanks again)

(EDIT @RichardZ)
AND OF COURSE - about
FUN
:dart:

the topic of this post is NOT about:
how to proper save a file with nice initial view
about tool wishes, rhino development, etc…

thanks

(if somebody can tell me how to add the “solved” check-mark i would appreciate)

best tom

That only works in the Serengeti part of the universe…

oh oh off topic :joy:

you got so much attention here why not leaving the people some fun either :smiley:

Hi Tom_,

this is another typical solution used in consumer goods where such multiple blends often occur.

Typical solution.3dm (206.5 KB)

2 Likes

This is very impressive! I have no idea how to get your result.
This is what I’m getting…not perfect but not bad either.
Would you mind to share your process?

handleConnection_03.3dm (2.3 MB)

1 Like

Hi velopl,

sure, here’s a file with the necessary steps. There are a few points to be pulled on Jonathan and Gwendolyn (don’t trust the zebra - observe the curvature), but that’s easily done ; )

Typical solution.3dm (431.5 KB)

1 Like

Thank you I will study it today

@Lagom
So far I’m having troubles with understanding where this blue line came from.

False alarm it’s just edge from blend 2 surface 0.5

But is Jonathan made of 4 edge surface? My result looks completely different

Can’t see your images in this thread(?) but that blue curve is just a regular degree 5 curve, made G2 continuous to the vertical (from the OP’s file) and that all-important point I mentioned in that Annotation Dot (which is why you need to project that line downwards onto the fillet).

Then, you 1st build Jonathan and tweak its points (using zebra and curvature display), and 2nd you build Gwendolyn, and also tweak its points to suit.