Bind for Temporarily Disabling Highlight?

The first time you drag the script into Rhino viewport, it remembers its location on your HD and also adds command alias “ToggleSelectionHiglight”, that’s all there is to it in terms of the installation.

You can see its location in Options > Rhinoscript under “Scripts files to load when Rhino starts”.

hth,

–jarek

Awesome! thanks for the detailed install instructions!!!

Same with Cage Editing, when trying to align to reference Rhino geometry.

Edit: I used the awesome @Jarek script but actually this doesn’t affect CageEdit preview which still shows the deformation in yellow/selection colour.

@pascal / others is this a feature that could ever be in a future release? The ability to still see object colour while doing a cage edit?

Is there any way to toggle the selection highlight on Rhino for Mac? I looked into it, and .rvb files are not (and likely won’t be) supported on the Mac side.

Is Python a possibility? Granted, I’m not a coder, so I wouldn’t know what to do with Python past copy and paste.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the comment above with the exact script to do this. I created a button that runs this script, and it works perfectly! Thanks clement and Jarek!

1 Like

In my opinion @Jarek 's tool should just ship with rhino. Add as a tickbox for any display mode, then done.

2 Likes

Hi Jarek,

I’m just trying to use your script and I get this error

Do you know what’s happening?

Best,
Jeremy

@Jarek, how did I not know this script existed? :open_mouth: Thanks! :grinning:
:scream: And how is this not a standard option, @pascal ?

4 Likes

Hi Jeremy,

Did you try to first save the script on your HD, then drag-and-drop into Rhino which should enable the “ToggleSelectionHiglight” command? If you just run the script directly it may not work. Please let me know.

–jarek

Hi Jakob, clearly your 50 days+ total read time of Discourse is not enough :wink: (I have only 24 days and I thought I spent too much time here already…)

Glad it helps, I use it all the time. It is a per-display mode setting but not exposed to UI as I guess it can do some damage for inexperienced or forgetful users. But agree, a check-box in Display Panel for this would be nice.

–jarek

After opening the plug-in function, the selected sub object can’t see anything. It’s also a disadvantage. As long as it can be turned off and the line behind it is not displayed when it is modified and moved, the official should directly add a switch to turn off the back line display in the software option

Hi Jarek,

I deleted it from the default rhino scripts folder, deleted the alias, then dragged in the rvb as you said… still getting this message:

Cheers,
Jeremy

can you post or PM me script file you are having problem with?

Oh my… That’s an embarrasing number of hours spend here :rofl:

1 Like

@Jarek @pascal Thank you Jarek! This is so necessary! please introduce this as a standard rhino component. I use it with CurveBoolean selecting internally bounded outlines from overlapping closed line work. It’s amazing to just create new 2D shapes from overlapping “grid-work” and shape build. Without the ability to toggle the selection highlight, you are stuck guessing which selections have been made… Just a use case example of how this amazing little script is a useful work around for now until team Rhino decides it can add this like hiding and unhiding grid and coordinate axes.