Better way to Access Rhino.IndexPair Infomation in Python?

Couple of questions…

Firstly note this is in a Grasshopper Python Component so the List management is somewhat controlled by Grasshopper.

1. Is there a better way than this, to access Index Pair in Python. so it stays as a list and i don’t have to duplicate code.

2. Also i am getting an issue when trying to access vertex colours as it wants a Array[Object] but my index is a Array[int].

import Rhino.IndexPair as ip

pi = mesh.TopologyEdges.GetTopologyVertices(i)

i_p= ip.I.GetValue(pi)
    j_p= ip.J.GetValue(pi)

iv0 = mesh.TopologyVertices.MeshVertexIndices(i_p)
    iv1 = mesh.TopologyVertices.MeshVertexIndices(j_p)

c0 = mesh.VertexColors.Item.GetValue(iv0)
    c1 = mesh.VertexColors.Item.GetValue(iv1)

Thank Matt

Another question linked to this.

Whys is it that if you put a single index into mesh.TopologyVertices.MeshVertexIndices(index) it returns a single integer in an array for a primitive mesh but multiple integers for the same index in the same array for a subdivided mesh?

@mattgaydon Rhino stores several “simple vertices” for any topological vertex when the vertex is unwelded (so it has several normals, several texture coordinates, several UV coordinates, too).

Thanks for the Update, in the End i just indexed the first from the list to carry on, But would be interesting to see if i picked a different number in the list if i got a different colour at that vertex. as the colour is added after the mesh was sub divided.

Also, have you tested extracting topological info and other mesh data from a mesh using Parallel’s in Python yet? Maybe its the way i coded it but i did not seem to get much improvement with trying to run multi threads on an update of the original code above using @stevebaer examples as reference.

Multi-threading is very case-specific. I cannot comment in general, sorry, @mattgaydon.