BETA fails to save

Dear Dale,

Your answer is absolutely not acceptable … because I remind you that the problem does not exist with Rhino 5.
Not everyone will be as vigilant as I am, to check if the save has been done.
In any case, once the first recording is done on the desktop, the following save success in the Dropbox folders are really random.
I understand this sync issue, but again it is not acceptable for a future buyer of Rhino 6.

Best regards

Yep, I agree.

Hmm. We were hoping for some more details to be printed in the command line when Rhino failed to save the file. Apparently that’s not happening.

How big is the file you are saving?

I’m able to reproduce this here saving to a dropbox folder on Windows. I logged the bug as RH-43114. @TuckerTheDog thanks for your help reproducing this.

Dear Brian,

File size of the test file was under 7 Mo.
The bug is independant from the size file, i think.

Good Luck Brian to resolve this problem.
Thanks a lot

And of course, now I can’t reproduce it anymore… in release or debug. Grrr…

For what it matters I’m still having issue with the latest RhinoV6 (6.0.17355.10131, 21/12/2017) and latest Dropbox ( 40.4.46).

Newest Rhino, kindly, inform me that the file isn’t saved , thanks buy isn’t enough :wink: .

Just to try to investigate this better on my dropbox I’m not synchronizing everything but only limited number of folder. The problem occurs, for sure, with folder inside partially synchronized folder.
On My dropbox I’ve the “lan sync” option ON.

Best wishes to all.

Is there a difference when you turn it off, but otherwise have sync enabled?

Hi @skysurfer - I agree. But telling you clearly that the file save failed is a good step in the right direction. We have another open issue to try to figure out why Rhino won’t save the file there. The problem is pretty complex, and we don’t want to do major surgery to solve this Dropbox problem right now.

Not being able to save the file half the time isn’t good for a released software but I understand that isn’t a really common problem so you’ll try to solve it without “major surgery”.
The latest version is going better, still giving me trouble. Without the file extension looks like it is working better.
thank for trying.
best.

Hi @brian - In the current released build [6.0.18016.23451, 16-Jan-18] I’m getting save failures when saving to Dropbox-synced folders about 50% of trials when using Save As or Incremental Save. Impossible to work.
Is there a pending YouTrack issue regarding this problem?

Yes, there is a YouTrack issue at the top of this thread: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-43114

There are several related issues, too. They are all fixed in 6.1, a release candidate of which is due out soon.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw this one and a couple more related but somehow I couldn’t believe it has really been fixed (sorry!). Thanks!