Beta expires in 13 days

unhandled

I just noticed my Beta 6 is showing (Expires in 13 days) Is there an update to this or is the complete and working Ver 6 ready to go.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #2

Check out https://www.rhino3d.com/download - v6 has been out for a while. Service release 1 is even already a fact.

If I purchase v6, should I remove the beta first, or will it overwrite that version?

(David Eränen) #4

I would recommend you remove the beta version and install Rhino 6 90-day evaluation version.

I read somewhere that the beta version would continue working for 2 months after release, seems that wasn’t true. Got an update to the beta version on January 13th, so I would guess v6 wasn’t released yet then. That’s only a month ago so I guess V6 has been out a couple of weeks perhaps? It seems the beta version will expire within a month of release not 2 months after.

Not that it really matters, I guess it depends on when the final build for the beta was released. I suppose they work for 2-3 months Before they expire? If the official version had been released soon after the final beta version the beta would have lasted longer after release.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #6

First 6.0 final was announced here Rhino 6 download live . BETA and WIP builds have always expired at around 45 days since the build was created: WIP6 expires?

/Nathan