Best practice fillet this area also new file small object inch is mm!

Hi,
V5.
fillet curve edge

attached my object copy pasted from my new file small objects inches (and I DEFINITELY CHOSE THAT TEMPLATE, a default Rhino template, not one I made) into another small objects inches, but its minute. what the heck ???
When I look at the source properties>units it says mm yet I have been working in that, the small grid squares were 1 inch, I did wonder why entering text it said mm !!

I select fillet rad 0.4 and get such, all is good, why did a project I chose as small object inches go wierd ?

If it hadnt been for copying it out to another small objects inches I wouldnt have known.

How do I get out of that pickle ? Need the original file as units inches and all workings inches.

I bet all my dims will go massive or microscopic as well…

6.438 ( 6 7/16inch in fact) has become 0.253 after I paste to another small objects inches new file.

then the reason for this post, fillet to be rad 0.4inch, I explode and select two surfaces, but at the one end of it there is a curve, that area needs filling in, is there a way of doing this in the command and is exploding this the best way, is there not a fillet solid selecting solids ?

What is best way to lay in a fillet of 0.4inch rad there and cap off the ends. It was a casting from what I can see.
fillet 0.4inch method but file in mm.3dm (163.4 KB)

Steve

fix your units and scale first, then deal with your modeling issues.

simply change you settings in tools>options>units.

scale as needed when prompted and VERIFY it with a dimension or two placed in your scene.

Once that is sorted your fillet issue will be easier to deal with