Bella for (also) Mac

I was wondering if anyone has tried this plugin and it’s worth it. I believe it is the first fully integrated rendering engine in Rhino Mac and Win. I’m not sure that for the technical characteristics of my iMac it can work efficiently (iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB

2 Likes

Hi - as this was just released earlier today, you have an excellent chance to be the first to try it and provide your comments. That’s what the demo is for, isn’t it?
-wim

2 Likes

Yes, please give it a try, it automatically uses “demo” mode when there is not a license – everything will work, just resolution will be restricted to 720p, and there will be a small watermark.

I will mention that the only known crash at this time is when rendering in the Rhino viewport on MacOS, and you try to change the viewport size. I am working on finding a workaround for that.

1 Like

actually I’d like to have feedback on this program without having to install the trial version. This is why I asked the question. If the feedback comes later, it’s okay.

-Simon

Hi Simon! I would wholeheartedly encourage you to try the demo! Even if I haven’t used Bella ‘for real’ yet, my impressions of Bella and the Rhino plugin are, that Bella is intuitive and simple to use - and gives great results. For me Bella is a replacement for Maxwell - if that gives you any clues :wink:
I can’t comment on your computer specs, though… You’ll need to try it! :+1:

Philip

2 Likes

yes just looking at the website, looks like you can achieve some good results, I don’t seem to be able to find recommended system specs though ??

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, the short answer is: as many cpu cores as possible, and as fast as possible in GHz. I will add some more detailed info on the FAQs page.

edit: I have added a new FAQ for this here.

1 Like

cheers, looks like most modern machines with decent CPU’s should be capable of running it. Another suggestion if that’s ok, I’d recommend much more in the way of tutorials, ones that show real world uses of the software, i.e, a product design render, a furniture design render, an interior design scene etc :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll see what I can do – been trapped in maya prior to working on this rhino plugin, so should be easier to put together some scenes now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they’ll be really helpful, otherwise it will be like stumbling around in the dark :rofl: , and that will put potential new users off, we’re always happy to try new stuff, but like most people time is precious :+1:

1 Like