Beam Plan Visibility & Rotation Paramter

I have 2 question about beam.

1. Visibility
    Plan Visibility is currently set to "Projection with “Overhead”. However, when a beam is selected, overhead is shonw, but when the selection is deactivated, it’s gone. How can I have it shown in plan

2. Rotation Paramter
    Rotation is available in Grasshoper Beam Option componet, but it’s not in Rhino
    How can I use rotation option in Rhino?

Thanks.

Hi @archist97,

The “Overhead” representation of objects is only visible in plan views, when the cut plane of the level where the object is inserted is enabled.

The “Rotation” parameter for beams is called “Roll” in the Properties panel:

1 Like

Cut Plane of the level is currently enable, but I can’t get overhead.

Hi @archist97, can you share that file?

This is the Rhino file.
Thanks.
Visibility & Rotation Issue.3dm (2.5 MB)

I can’t reproduce this issue. What Rhino and VisualARQ versions are you using?

BeamOverhead

Overhead Not Shown

Rhino 7 SR13/ VisualARQ 12.2.1

Thanks!
That’s very strange… Is this happening with other display modes in the Top viewport?
Just in case, try it with this newer internal version: http://visualarq.s3.amazonaws.com/download/visualarq-2.12.2.15471-rhino7-setup-snapshot%20(2).msi

I can see overhead in Rendered, Gohosted, Artistic, Pen, Arctic, Raytraced, Conceptual, and Realistic display mode, but it’s nowt shown in other mode including hidden display mode. I’ve got same error also with VA 2.12.2

Thanks.

Hi. Francesc.
I realized what’s the problem. Background Viewport Color cause this error.
Overhead is not represented properly when it is set to black.
I’ve changed it to white, overhead is shown.

Do you think this bug can be fixed?

Thansk.

Hi @archist97, you are right. Since the overhead attributes are set to “By Object Display Color”, they should be white like the rest of the beam.
I’ll report that.

@archist97 this is just a reminder that this error was fixed in VisualARQ 2.12.2.

Thanks for the reminder.
It works perfect.

1 Like