I do a lot of pdf printing and often my viewports are set to arctic or rendered view mode (as they print with the cleanest look), which for whatever reason, makes printing a pdf painfully slow.
From my searching on this forum, it appears rhino batch printing is still not developed, so I ask if anyone has a script that runs in windows that would essentially automate the process. Currently, my workflow is as such:
- print command which opens the print setup popup
- select bullzip pdf as my printer of choice (the rhino pdf printer quality is very unfortunately lacking)
- select settings like raster or vector, then view and output scale (usually set to layouts with scale 1:1 so no need for custom windows)
- click the print button
- wait for the printing progress window to sweep the preview
- bow my head in a moment of silence to ask print god forgiveness for anything I may have done to upset them
- realize my prayers are not being answered after several minutes
- print finishes and a dialogue box pops up to save the file
- name it
- save it
This, sometimes 15x for 15 layouts.
15x 4min per print = 60 minutes of waiting. Every time.
If anyone has a script that would run this process for all the layouts, I would be very grateful.