Batch Blocks

Hi Pascal

Ok, I see, sorry I thought it was looking for closed ‘outlines’ for block candidates - This is fine for my purpose (using layer 1), but as you say makes it quite restrictive for general use - perhaps an option in the command window for block candidate (IE layer or closed polyline etc?) - I guess that would be a very complicated list due to the possible variations.

As mentioned above, layer 1 is good for my purposes, but limiting for general use. I suppose a selected items only option, that then uses perimeter curves/surfaces would cover many options, but I can see that users may well need to make blocks from geometry that is not all neatly defined by a closed edge - they may have external items that need to be included. Not sure how to go about making that more inclusive.

Yes, this could be the way.

Thanks once again!

@solosails Tuned up - the prompt is to select the enclosing curves. In your case, SelLayer can be used if you want all the curves on a particular layer. Pre-selection allowed.

BatchBlock.rhp (9.5 KB)
AutoBlocker.py (2.1 KB)

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Sorry for delay in reply.

This is fantastic, I am incredibly grateful, this will save me much time. Thanks again.

Very best regards, Andrew