Bad block objects within parent block

170418_rhino forum_rhino model with bad objects.3dm (15.4 MB)

I am using a rhino model which has blocks within blocks (see uploaded file). I can only open this file in safe mode and when I do and click within the parent blocks, and go ‘selbadobjects’ all the child blocks are selected. strangely when I open these blocks themselves there isnt ‘bad objects’… it seems they are becoming ‘bad objects’ when they are inserted into the parent block…?

any ideas??

thanks in advance

Jules

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Jules - that is odd - I do not have an explanation so far… if you ExplodeBlock, or BlockEdit, do the results contain all of the objects that you expect, per building?

For what it is worth, V6/WIP does not find the bad objects.

-Pascal

Hi pascal

thanks for your reply
yes when you explode the child blocks they contain all the results I expec- ie there is nothing missing. also once the child block is deleted it is no longer a bad object…

Perhaps I have had these bad objects for a while - it has only become an issue when I started using the new vray for rhino plugin- when this plugin is enabled it wont open this file…(however it will open others…)

I have no idea whether the vray plug in issue, and the bad objects issue, are related…

thanks

Jules

(Pascal Golay) #4

Hi Jules - one test would be to -SaveAs (with the dash in front) and SavePlugInData=No to a new name and then open that file - any bad objects?

-Pascal