After making a Named Position, I’d like to:
- Select objects of that Named Position
- Set View to Isometric SW
- Run Make 2D command (with Projection set to View, Object Properties set to From Input Layers and Group Output checked)
- Take the results of the above and run Bounding Box, with Coordinate System set to CPlane and Output set to Curves.
- Transform the results of the above from the Seam of the bounding box curve (the bottom left) to (0,0,0).
- Take the results of above and either write a new .3dm file (with file name = Named Position name) or insert it in another existing .3dm file.
Even if this could be done via Grasshopper I would prefer a solution where I could run this sequence of operations from within Rhino.
If you’re reading this and are a C# developer I’d be interested to speak. I’d like for the above to be made into a command and be part of a compiled .rhp that we will build more commands for over time.