Attendees for my thesis in experiment phase related grasshopper

Hello everyone, this is Atra. I m a master’s student at İstanbul Technical University. I am looking for people who have good grasshopper knowledge in order to realize an experiment related to my thesis. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail or from here, if you would like to attend.

The topic is related to understanding visual programming languages. I am looking for participants who have at least 3 years of experience in grasshopper. Who are familiar with general concepts of parametric design. It will be a preliminary experiment in order to conduct the actual experiment and will not take more than 30 minutes of your time. In the experiment, I am expecting the participants to try to comprehend the given code by thinking aloud. I am thinking to have one to one meeting in Zoom or another app that can serve screen share opportunities.

I am looking for experienced grasshopper users in order to apply a preliminary test. According to your feedback, I am expecting to have an idea related to code properties(such as code size and complexity level of given code) for my further experiment. In this experiment, my purpose is to investigate the participant’s comprehension process in visual programming languages.

The step of the experiment will be as follows.

1. You will receive a screen snippet of the grasshopper code via e-mail.
  2. You will be asked to share the grasshopper code on the Zoom screen
  3. I will start recording before you start investigating the code. The recording will not be shared with other people. It is for examining the details that ı can miss in the experiment session.
  4. you will be asked to understand the code while thinking aloud without seeing the output of the code.

Unfortunately, I can’t give more detailed information. Because it might mislead you during the experiment or it can cause biased results.

I hope this will help. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions!!!
My e-mail adress: hadduratra@gmail.com

You may want to share a little more information than this. How much effort will be required of participants, what’s the general topic, …

Thank you for your suggestion. The topic is related to understanding visual programming languages. I am looking for participants who have at least 3 years of experience in grasshopper. Who are familiar with general concepts of parametric design. It will be a preliminary experiment in order to conduct the actual experiment and will not take more than 30 minutes of your time. In the experiment, I am expecting the participants to try to comprehend the given code by thinking aloud. I am thinking to have one to one meeting in Zoom or another app that can serve screen share opportunities.