Atlas Van Lines - Rhino & Flamingo

11 Likes

@dale check this out!

1 Like

Looks a lot like a model I made a few years ago.

And the restored, original:

Nice decals, btw.

– Dale

2 Likes

Nice modeling. Back in 1970 I was in St. Petersburg, FL as a yacht captain on an SORC racing sailboat. While waiting a few days for the first SORC race to start, I was privy to watching and gleefully listening to the Packard Merlin powered Unlimited Class three point hydro’s winding up their engines and practicing for their big event in Tampa Bay. I’ll never forget the sound of those big displacement engines winding up, Wow!

1 Like

Hi @Robb,

I believe the big boats only ran in Tampa for a few years; the Suncoast Cup I believe.

There is a museum just outside of Seattle that restores and run these old hulls.

https://www.facebook.com/thunderboats

– Dale

1 Like

Very similar model Dale. Nice modelling work. Thanks for the info on this post. Those engines sounds in the video. Awesome, The decals are either decals or split surfaces. I had to use a mixture. Did a lot of research to try to make it faithful to the original.

1 Like

I absolutely love models and renders like this! A nice, clean simple model with a well thought out livery, I can look at this all day. Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your positive comments.