Array Rectangle Within a Boundary

Hello all,

I am fairly new to grasshopper so bear with me :sweat_smile:

My goal is to create a series of area studies on a site. I have the site boundaries, a max buildable area, a maximum number of floors and a typical city block. I would like to be able to change the number of floors to see how many blocks are be needed on the site to meet the max area.

So far I have been able to figure out how to array the rectangle to meet the maximum area but I canā€™t seem to figure out how to create that array within the site boundaries AND still maintain the maximum number of blocks.

I have also been able to figure out how to array the blocks within the site boundaries, and somehow I can get it to meet the max building area (more or less) but the solution I found doesnā€™t allot me to change the number of floors.

Any ideas?

Thank You!

Test_1.gh (47.2 KB) Site Boundary.3dm (60.2 KB)

Hi!
Welcome to this forum!

If you have not already read this: How to ask effective questions , please do it.

Can you please attach your grasshopper definition?
Attach also the rhino file if needed or ā€œinternalizeā€ (right-click on input parameters) the geometries needed for your problem.
Itā€™s easier to help and to get help if geometries and gh definitions related to the problem are sharedā€¦

Iā€™m italian, so my english is not much greatā€¦
Can you explain again? I canā€™t understand your request.

Hi!
I added the Rhino and Grasshopper file to my post.

Sorryy, my question is a little complicatedā€¦

I have a set site boundary (which is in the Rhino file attached) and I have a maximum area for the site (10,000,000 sqm.) I want to figure out how many buildings can fit on the site to reach that area but I want to do so according to the number of stories. For example, I would like to know how many 3 or 4 or 5 story buildings are needed to reach the 10,000,000 sqm area within the site boundaries.

The Grasshopper definitions I have donā€™t accomplish that. I am kinda new to grasshopper (Iā€™ve only really been using it for a couple of months) so Iā€™m not sure if there is a way to do this.

Thank you!