Array and Rotate object along curve

Hi dear Community, this ist my first Post and im not very much into GH, maybe you can help me:

I am trying to create a Fence with 12 cm Distance between the Post Axis along a Freeform curve, so this is a thing Rhino can solve by itself. But now the tricky part:
The single posts shall rotate within a 45 degree movement alon the z-axis. linke in the picture Below:

Additionaly interesting to know may be that the single fence Posts consist of two objects. The reason ist that the opponing sides contain different Materials, like a Front and a backside.

Actually im turning them by Hand and its very exhausting, especcialy while knowing grasshopper could solve this and I just dont know why. :sob:

Maybe you could help me?

Thanks and Greetings from Hamburg!

Like this ? (for a start)

Fence_twisted_V1.gh (14.9 KB)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Its more like i have to project a Rhino object containing of two objects onto points on the curve and rotate them afterwards. The reason ist that my colleague is changing variations every hour :sweat_smile: the Curve is fixed in cad, too. I was Starting by dividing the sample curve but im not able to move the object onto the curve.

The Curve:

Impression of the Fence:

GH:Fence_twisted_Origin.gh (3.9 KB)

The GH file ist super rudimentary, I was Starting and just had no idea how to handle two grouped objects like one.

Maybe listing could be an option?

Thanks,
Kai

Yikes => I got it rather wrongly (to say the least) => Def rotates onions instead of sardines.

More soon

Take your time Bro, thanks for your support :two_hearts:

I did the movement, but just for one object and the rotation is missing yet.

Update:
Fence_twisted_Origin01.gh (9.5 KB)

Get this as the iginition point and start the brainstorming about how to expand the rotation options/control et al. For instance … how we can further control the rotation of members between the steady red members? Should we use odd collections for them? Should we abandon the arbitary rotation for something else? (yes we should) Should we rotate all (as an option) prior the other rotation? That kind of stuff.

like:

Fence_twisted_V1A.gh (11.8 KB)

That said for polylines … well … you must measure the segments, get the min , apply proportionally values (that way all the fence members could appear in equal density, so to speak)… blah, blah.

For the w/e that one. But … wait … this w/e is MotoGP in the Land of Free > Monday then.

best

2 Likes