Array along Curve wont result completely vertical objects?

Hello. I wonder if some one could help me here. I think this is an awkward situation but i dont know how to figure this.

I need to array along curve this vertical rectangular poly-surface. The path it goes up smoothly and the objects need to result completely vertical. I am not getting straight results and always give me a obliques objects. Here are the sample file + rhino file:
Fence|690x388

Terrain Fence.3dm (3.6 MB)

Hello - try this Rhino Script - I think it does what you want - Drag and drop the saved rvb onto Rhino to add the alias

ArrayCrvFlat

That alias will run the script…
ArrayCrv_Flat.rvb (4.9 KB)

-Pascal

1 Like

Hey Pascal. How are you. Thanks man, but. Can you explain how this scrip works? command line?

Hello - yes, it should just work like a command if you drag and drop the script file (rvb) onto Rhino once. After that it should just work.

-Pascal

yap it work fine. All objects straight and completely vertical.
But it is impossible to choose distance between objects.???

The method i find to do it is, divide curve by length to give me points. Select and count points. Then «'array crv flat» and tap the same number of points.

This can also be done with a little help from Grasshopper…

Terrain Fence_GH.3dm (6.8 MB)
TerrainFence.gh (6.0 KB)

I remember Grasshopper. But unfortunately i do not know how to work in it.

Anyway. Thanks again. You save my afternoon here at work.

Hello @Architex - here’s a version that adds

ArrayCrvFlatByDistance

ArrayCrv_Flat.rvb (5.6 KB)

-Pascal

1 Like

Your are the best my friend.

Thanks a lot

Hm - ok, hold on a second… @Architex this will fix that error but I did not make the change for spacing on the ‘base point’ version of the script - I can do that.

ArrayCrv_Flat.rvb (5.8 KB)
(Updated April 24/2018)

@Architex ok - I think the one now attached works for distance and base point.

-Pascal

1 Like

hello pascal.
Yesterday i didn’t test your last script.
Today i was working and when i needed array objects i found that by “distance” still result in error.

@Architex - do you get the same error? Of course it worked here… let me start from scratch with drag and drop, I was testing from the script editor.
OK - I set up the aliases incorrectly - copy/paste but did not modify. So - I’ll update the script above, so new people don’t download the bad one, but @Architex - you’ll need to delete the aliases (Options > Aliases) for

ArrayCrvFlatByDistance
ArrayCrvFlatByDistanceBP

Then drag and drop the updated script one more time… did I get it right this time??

-Pascal

Thanks… The scrip is now optimized and work like charm.

Thanks Pascal
Best regards

Hi @pascal, I’ve just found this massively helpful script, thank you for it. I’ve been using ArrayCrvFlatByDIstanceBP which has been working brilliantly until 2 minutes ago when I got this error message, do you know how I can get round this?
ArrayCrvByDistanceBP

Hello - I don’t know … can you post a file that has the objects and target curve? I’ll take a look. Meantime, I found I have Pytyhonized the script at some point as well - you might want to try that.

ArrayCrvFlat.py (2.0 KB)

To use the Python script use RunPythonScript, or a macro:

_-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double-quotes"

-Pascal

Sorry Pascal, I’ve just installed the new update and everything is running fine again. Thank you for the script though, it saves so much time

Sorry again, it seems to drop in and out
arraycrv problem.3dm (61.9 KB)