Arrangement of control points of the split surface

Hi,
After the split process, the data of the state before the split should be deleted. In other words, when we say points on to the split surface, the incoming surface should not exist. I tried to explain a little in the attached image. When I say points on, the surface that I split should only remain in its split state. If I can’t do this, I won’t be able to get the result I want.

Hi -

I’m sorry, but that’s not how NURBS work.
You can shrink the surface to get something that is closer to the remaining edges but the underlaying surface will always have 4 edges.
Perhaps you should explain what you are trying to do?
-wim

I have U-shaped surfaces. I need to unroll each of these to the plan plane. However, I created U surfaces by splitting a single surface at certain intervals. When I define the split surfaces in the code I wrote in grasshopper, the code does not work. However, I saw that it worked when I defined the surface again by Lofting the edges of the surface. Therefore, I think the problem is caused by splitting.

Hi -

Your picture shows a pentagon. Please post a relevant part of your Grasshopper definition as a gh file.
-wim