AR-MA is an architectural office focused on the design and delivery of innovative works of architecture.
We are currently seeking two candidates for upcoming design and delivery projects in Australia. The roles require a new breed of architect; one who is computationally literate, thrives on the latest digital design techniques, enjoys the design of algorithms, is as passionate about the design of building systems as much as building form, fundamentally understands materials and detailing, and likes to push everything towards CNC manufacturing.
The ideal candidate would have the following abilities.
- Self-reliance and creative problem solving of building details
- Creation of non-standard and curvilinear geometry of building envelopes
- Knowledge of digital fabrication and CNC processes
- Knowledge of optimisation and rationalisation of geometry for fabrication and buildability
- Experience in detailing complex building systems
- Ability to script and automate the creation of geometry, material take-off and fabrication output through an object-oriented language
- Ability to visually communicate complex information through compelling line-drawings, diagrams, and renderings
- Rational and logical nature, keen to structure knowledge and create ordered file systems
- Fun, friendly, energetic person who enjoys working within a team environment
- 3D modeling in Rhino Parametric definition building in Grasshopper
- Automation and algorithm design with a scripting language, preferably
- Python (or VB, C#) Parametric modeling in Catia V6, Automation of
- Catia through Knowledgeware, Catscript and Visual Basic
- 2D documentation production in AutoCad
- Interoperability between Rhino, Catia, Revit, and AutoCAD.
If you feel that you have some of the above skills and are interested in becoming part of an innovative, dynamic and forward-thinking practice, we would love to hear from you.
The positions are to begin in March 2015, and are based in Sydney, Australia. Sponsorship (457 Temporary Work Visa) is available for non-residents. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send through cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format.