Are there any methods for:
- taking an asymmetrical surface
- defining an axis of symmetry
- using said axis to ‘normalise’ either side of the surface
- then produce a symmetrical approximation?
- Thus the object I want to deform with FlowAlongSrf becomes reusable (even if not exactly deformed to both)
I get that the deviation will depend on how extreme the asymmetry of my starting object is.
Symmetrical_approximation.3dm (1021.3 KB)
I’ve not categorised this in case there’s someway a Grasshopper / Kangaroo / Pufferfish could help … my gut says this is some sort of tweened Mesh output which I’ll eventually be patching/lofting through in the area of particular interest for deforming. But maybe there are some pure NURBS solutions too.