Applying force to a rigid curve collision set

I’m trying to get some linework for some firewood to use in interior elevations.

I’d like the pieces of firewood to fall in the box below, but I’m not sure how to properly apply the force to the firewood curves.

2020.05.22_firewood.gh (21.6 KB)

Nevermind, I got it working.

1 Like

Nice.
Also, a couple of minor simplifications possible here:
-the CurveCollide already outputs the curves, so no need to add an extra show component.
-the F output of CurveCollide gives the frame of each curve (which by default is located at its centre of mass), so you can just convert this to a point and apply the load there.
2020.05.22_firewood2.gh (18.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi @DanielPiker , is there a way to scale these closed curves (transforming them in sizes but maintaining their initial shapes) while they are falling? Thanks!

Hi @timothytai ,
As long as they are scaled about their area centroids, it should work to simply scale the input curves during simulation.

(you need to scale about the centre because the curve position/orientation is tracked by a frame, and if this initial frame changes during simulation, the solver will treat it as a new curve instead of updating the existing one.)

1 Like

Ah, right, thanks!
I was wondering though if there is a way that doesn’t require “manual” tweaking - as in, if there is something like a constant scaling goal…I tried to do it with something similar to the squishy collide example you showed on another thread, but the shape won’t maintain even if I input a super large number for the bending strength parameter of the rod goal