Applying color materials to objects/layers for iRhino

Hello all,

I’m having trouble applying materials in Rhino that actually appear in iRhino. From reading the forum, it looks like there are a number of known issues around this. Are there set material parameters that are known to work consistently? I’m not looking for anything fancy, just to be able to color-code different layers reliably.

I just “rediscovered” this app and we want to use it more in some of our classes. If I can find a consistent set of materials, then this would be really useful for our students!

Many thanks!

This is a known issue that I’ve much neglected: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/IR-437

(sorry for dredging up an old post but… )

Hi Mike,

I just started using iRhino and think I had a similar problem to you. I had all my layer colors nicely setup, but surfaces would show up as grey when I viewed the model in iRhino.

My solution was to set the material color in Rhino to the same as the layer color. I did this by using the SynchronizeRenderColors command in Rhino, and selecting all the objects in Rhino., saving the Rhino model and then re-opening in iRhino

Hopefully this will work for you too - let me know!