Application shortfall

I got this so far. It’s something like your suggestion and I tried the 2 rail with edges of the surfaces. I get that little jagging in the surface.

BOY HOWDY! it’s worked out!

It’s been a fine saturday indeed!

Thanks C

@JKayten, i guess this is caused by the linear part marked with a red line below.

just create a blend curve between edge A and edge B for that trim. To get better continuity you might try _NetworkSrf or alternatively, remove surface 1 and 2 and create a long _BlendSrf. If you try this, make sure to add some blend sections at strategic positions and inbetween. if the result is a single surface, split it by isocurve so you still have the same edge topology as now.

c.

I can also strongly recommend Kyle’s level 2 Rhino class which is on Vimeo. Lots and lots of flogging of the curve/surface continuity issue and what you get when using different methods. I was thoroughly facinated by the class…kind of like catnip for OCD types like myself, and I often go back to review when I come upon a weird or failed conditioned like the ones you are showing here. Brain James’ short tutorial on modeling complex transitions is also very helpful. For what its worth, I also find that if I get stuck, I just stop and go do something else for a while, even coming back to it the next day if I can. I’m always surprised by what “sleeping on it” will do…

Thanks for the tip. I’m definitely going to check it out! Kyle @theoutside is my favorite Rhino trainer by far.

I’m going to bite the bullet and buy the course. At this point I should be able to get alot out of it. Thanks for the tip.