Anyone put Rhino on New Macbook Pro (late 2016) via bootcamp yet?

i switched renderers this past year… was using indigo and was super excited about version 4 which features ‘pure gpu’ openCL rendering (as in – not just ‘gpu accelerated’)… definitely some very noticeable speedups…

but, i switched to fusion360 for rendering… for one, i really like how quickly i can set up a scene/lighting in fusion but also, you can render on the cloud… and seamlessly at that (all the cloud rendering options are built in to the software so it’s real easy to choose cloud or local)…

idk, i could purchase some sort of $20,000 monster render machine and it’s still not going to complete renders as fast as using a supercomputer via internet.

to tie back in to why i commented in the first place-- i also work on location or away from the desk quite often… and i’ll render on the cloud with a macBookPro tethered to an iPhone… super fast (as in, i can get a completed image faster than i can set up the next scene)… a lot cheaper and more convenient than buying computers based around local render processing.

at the very least, it’s worth checking out.

1 Like

Hi all, just curious.

so has anyone tried to run rhino 5 on radeon pro cards after reading these?
and how does that work out for you ?