Anyone like Clayoo?

@markintheozarks A bit late to this thread as I do not read the plugin Forum usually.

I used Clayoo 1 almost every time I opened Rhino from its release date until just before Christmas when I moved to T-Splines. On the old Clayoo forum I was one of the most frequent posters. Sometimes I felt like I was the only user. Here is a link to a Wayback view of the old forum.

TDM no longer responded to my posts on their new forum so I moved to T-Splines. T-Splines has a user community, Clayoo does not. No real discussion on their forums, old or new.

In the end nothing changed for so long and without basic features like multiple window selection, numerical transform missing and a major memory issue with Clayoo1 I gave up.

I have been unable to try Clayoo2 as it will not install on my computer anymore. Not TDM`s fault but more of my setup.

However I have no real interest in Clayoo2 now as I have lost faith in TDM. TDM still have major bugs in Rhinogold 4 that from what I have read are still present in RG6 despite promises by Rafael to fix them in RG5&6 and then still offer service releases to RG4 users…early RG users who supported them and their somewhat flawed software to a stage where TDM could sell to Stuller.

I predicted after Stuller purchased TDM the upgrade cycle would get very fast to provide a ROI to Stuller…went from RG5 to RG6 really quickly.

Maybe it is just how bad Clayoo1 was but T-Splines is heaven for my Jewellery modelling. Still crashes now and then but no where near as much as Clayoo1 did. Big difference between a T-Splines crash and Clayoo1 crash is that with the t-Splines crash you lose unsaved work. With a Clayoo1 crash you often lost all the subD data and ended up with a useless mesh.

The tool set in T-Splines is far superior to Clayoo1 and the integration with Rhino much better,

Clayoo2 from what I have read now includes Sculpting and RhinoEmboss. If either of those interest you then maybe Clayoo is the way to go. For me I work faster in T-Splines and until I find something better I will stay with T-Splines and Rhino5…so that rules Rhino 6 out for me when it comes out.

HTH.

1 Like