Any idea how to model such forms?

There’s this guy on insta that has interesting stuff on his page… I’m not a newbie yet have no idea how u should go about modeling such forms… And it’s been bugging me for a while now…

There’s a tut on YouTube called st ike game of life and minimal surfaces… Which has a similar vibe… But still these are way too different from that…
Any tips and directions are appreciated…

a starting point - check out reaction diffusion

1 Like

Seems i need to put proper time into this and go to details :pray: thx 4 the advice…

Yet a simple image search brought up a lot of texturing w the process… Mostly from @laurent_delrieu 's work… they seem to have much more randomness compared to this guy’s work…

I’ ll be back on this in a few weeks hopefully able to post some of the results…

There are lots of symmetries in what you show.
For me it is more easy to make some “simple mesh” and then transform them … array, make symmetries, scale …
Look at that it is more closer

1 Like

you can try pufferfish plugin

1 Like

@ng5_Alex i had always used simpler pufferfish operations, mostly when gh had shortcomings… Never went deeper… Awesome… Thx🙏

@laurent_delrieu thx 4 the link… Ur work always amazes me :pray:

Will post if managed to make anything interesting

Looks just like box morphed gyroids that are then cage edit deformed afterwards or booleaned against some overall deformed shape. I’d say Mesh+, Pufferfish, and Dendro will get you this results.

Mesh+ for cell types, Pufferfish to morph, Dendro to Boolean and thicken with VDB’s.

3 Likes