Antialiasing in Flamingo nXt?

Hi…,

are there antialiasing settings in Flamingo nXt 3 and 5? I don’t find them.

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

No, anti-aliasing is progressive. As you let the multiple passes progress, the anti-aliasing will continue to refine.

There can be issues with objects against bitmap backgrounds depending on the lighting situation. Is the rendering being placed over a photograph?

Hi Scott,

here comes the customer example:

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

Can I have the 3dm file also?

Hi Scott,

I don’t have it, I will ask.

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

The anti-aliasing challenge in this case is the chess board squares against the bright wood table top. The lite color tabletop has a bit of reflection. This is bringing the brightness of sky onto the table in those areas. This make the table top colors quite bright.

Trying to bring down the contrast in these simple models is not always practical. Although, not my first choice in this case, using an groundplane can help. Saving the groundplane with alpha will allow the groundplane to be filtered out easily.

My suggestion is to assist the anti-aliasing by rendering to a higher resolution. In this case, I saw some very low resolutions. Please try a resolution of 2000 x 1298. (2,596,000 pixels) This will allow the render use to use more pixels to define the thin edges of the chess board. The speed of the rendering should not change much.

Also, you may want to use the hybrid render engine for your renderings. The hybrid will capture some indirect lighting effects that will be subtle, but just a bit more real. This can be changed in the Flamingo Tab under Render Options.