Another Grasshopper noob's question

I’m trying to find the ‘format’ thing.

Shared with CloudApp

I turned on ‘show obscure’ components. But still I can’t find it.

Shared with CloudApp

I checked back in the parameters menu

Shared with CloudApp

I was thinking after doing the search I’d be able to select it.
What am I missing here?

Ctrl+Alt+Click on component (keep pressed) or its Mac equivalent. Or Sets tab > Text panel.

double-click in the canvas and type ‘format’ and it will pop up and you can click it and drop it down. Also, if you scroll into the component really close you will see some pluses and minuses (a few components have this capability). You can add more inputs, which is what is happening in your image.

Got it! Thanks. Just curious, but does it exist in one of the tool panels… somewhere…?

Hi

As @Dani_Abalde wrote, it’s on the Sets > Text panel.
Dani also wrote that, when you have the component on the canvas, you can use the “alt+cmd+right click and hold” combination to have the panels show you where the component can be found.
-wim

Okay - thanks again.

I missed it and as I mentioned in another post the icons are very small on my monitor.

Shared with CloudApp
:woozy_face:

What is your macOS’s System Preferences > Display > Resolution

set to?

I use the default because otherwise any number of other displays become problematic

https://share.getcloudapp.com/jkuY67zY

Also, since I’ve your attention, there’s an ongoing issue with the creation of new layers such that when a new layer is called up it’s highlighted but the name is not editable. I’m constantly having to back track, double click the ‘Layer 1’ to actually enter a name. I thought by now that would have been remedied.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/rRu0mXJW

I don’t understand. macOS gives separate Display options for each display. I have different scaling settings for each of my displays (I have two displays)…the default Retina display on my MacBook Pro and the attached 5K display.

It would be really helpful (to me) if you started a new topic if there is a …new topic. Otherwise, things get buried.

I’ve only one display.

Altering it for Rhino makes it less optimal for other applications which throughout the day I tab to use.

I don’t think there’s an application specific option for the display.