Announcement! New and improved Grasshopper docs website

Thank You!

1 Like

When double clicking and typing in “Pull”, two components show up, neither of which has matching inputs to the one on the definition image.

I don’t know if your suggestion would help in this case, probably it is one of those pull components but the inputs changed in an update.

One thing i wanted often was to find a module by inputs or outputs… Modules with input = G, M, B for example… If possible of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks you!

Also, maybe in future, would be nice to see “similar” suggestions. For the components from other plugins that do similar (or same) thing.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Pryor, I’ve updated Pufferfish to 2.8 but only 227 are getting indexed, including user objects. I’ll have to check the indexing routines to investigate it further. Twisted Box commands now appear, so can you tell me the names of some components that still don’t appear on the site?

1 Like

So far these are what I notice are missing.

The entire Twisted Box tab

Some transform components

Two vector componets

will try and find the others later on. Thanks!

1 Like

What about showing version compatibility? If the plugin runs only on 0.9 or 1.0 and above, for example…

1 Like

¿Cuando lo vais a tener Grasshopper en español?

Thanks! That’s a long-overdue upgrade, and it’s great to know someone is minding the store.

Could we have an index page that is just a compact list of names, without icons or descriptions? I’m dysiconic, if I can’t text-search something I can’t find it. I know the Complete Index page kind of does this, but I’m feeling the lack of a page with names and nothing else.

Also if/when Rhino version compatibility is available it would be great to show that – the most important thing I need to know about any plug-in is whether it’s been updated for R6.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I added a feature request for this in:

RH-57040 Grasshopper: Help menu: Add link to Community Component Reference

for David to consider.

1 Like

I know the Complete Index page kind of does this, but I’m feeling the lack of a page with names and nothing else.

If you just want the data, you can grab one of the live, machine-updated feeds:

And when we get more data (ie compatibility) it will be added in there.

Also if/when Rhino version compatibility is available it would be great to show that – the most important thing I need to know about any plug-in is whether it’s been updated for R6.

All the addons listed on the page are RH6 compatible. I’ve hand tested them all and they all load. Or do you mean they load but the components don’t work properly?

Addons added as per author suggestion (thanks for suggesting!):

• NGon
  • OpenNest
  • VisualARQ
  • Lands Design
  • Heron

Addons added with script improvements:

• Karamba3D
  • GeomGym IFC
  • GeomGym Revit
  • Quelea
  • BullAnt
  • Peregrine

All the addons listed on the page are RH6 compatible. I’ve hand tested them all and they all load. Or do you mean they load but the components don’t work properly?

Culebra says on food4rhino that it’s V4 and 5 only and I did find it not working on V6. I haven’t done a survey or anything, just happen to know this one.

1 Like

What about Squid and Owl? I haven’t used them but @MateuszZwierzycki has high credibility with me, thanks to his great Anemone plugin.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Pryor, I got the Twisted Box and many more indexed but just to let you that they don’t show up in my Rhino/Grasshopper app. My total component count for Pufferfish is now upto 305, not counting obsolete components.

Lookie here : http://grasshopperdocs.com/addons/pufferfish.html

Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both are duplicates.

Owl already exists :- http://grasshopperdocs.com/addons/owl.html

And Squid components are already included as part of ShapeDiver which is newer.

1 Like

There’s Bison (geography or landscape)

I don’t see those on that page.

For Structural Analysis, there’s

https://www.food4rhino.com/app/concha

and for Weather & Environmental, there’s

2 Likes

Thanks for the list of addons, but in regard to this you must be viewing an older version of the page. Visit http://grasshopperdocs.com/ and press Ctrl+F5 to hard refresh. The page header should say “4907 components including 95 addons.”

2 Likes

Hi @design10. These have been added, thanks for suggesting them:

Don’t work on my PC:

• Cocha - I suspect it does not contain any GH components
  • Swift

Work okay but don’t index due to technical limitations of my indexing script:

• Bison