Analysis of half-arch shell

Hi all,

I have tried to follow some of the script found on the group, however, I still have trouble to analyze my structure and get useful results from it.

I would like to see the compressive and tensile stresses occuring, as well as the stress lines.
The element is simply supported at top and bottom. Can anyone help and see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

2021-09-19_FORM-FINDING-PAVILION_reV2_new_2.gh (76.6 KB)

Anyone?

Hi, what is the problem?

Your script seems to be analyzing properly - you have some issues with duplicate supports, which you just need to remove, but it is working. Your mesh is also quite coarse so I would recommend increasing the mesh resolution. Otherwise you simply need to use the Shell Line Results component or see the results in the ShellView.

Hi Matthew,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your response.
When getting the reactions forces, it seemed a bit off, why I believed, something could be wrong with the definition of the model, when visualizing the stresses and displacement.

Glad to verify, it’s all right. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Well, this is what I mentioned, that you have duplicate support points - make sure to remove duplicates to eliminate this error.

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

An additional question; my karamba components wants input in Kip, Kip/ft2 etc - should values be converted from kN, kN/m2 etc or is there a simpler explanation?

Maybe you have installed Karamba as imperial units. You can see 2.3: Physical Units - Karamba3D 2.2.0 on how to change to metric.