Analize Curtain Walls component Rhino.Inside

Hi guys,

I noticed, while trying to work on curtain grids, that this component is not available anymore:

instead, there’s “Analyze curtain wall types”, that doesn’t give anymore the Curtain Grid output that can be used to get lines and panels.

Does any of you know a work around this issue?

Hi Maria,

Please see the Host Grid component in the Architecture pulldown, this is a more general component, making the previous one obsolete.

1 Like

Hi Japhy,

Great, thanks! :slight_smile:

for some reasons this is just working for a simple curtain wall. if there is more devision, it gives an error: object refrence is not set to an instance of an object!

can you be more specific? perhaps a file with a working and failing example? Thanks

Hi Japhy, sure, you can see in the images, the wall which i created in GH, the HostGrids node to Deconstruct Curtain Grid works,
the second wall is the same fassade type of wall, but it has been created manually and the same HostGrids node to Deconstruct Curtain Grid does not work, it goes an error which i wrote above.

I’m not seeing errors with a quick test on a couple conditions. Can you post the file above?

error.gh (15.8 KB)
99999_BAU_Content_V2023_gelöst.rvt (12.8 MB)

thanks alot

Thanks for reporting. The bug is due to the doors & windows panels not being handled properly. I’ll post back here when it’s fixed.

1 Like

Hey @Japhy , I am having the same issue, just installed the latest build. Was wondering if the doors & windows issues is still going to be looked at?

Hi Dave, that is still an issue. I’ll bump it. Thanks!

1 Like