An error occured in the display pipeline - "Point enumerator" components

Hi all,

yesterday I got -literally- hundreds of these errors while working on a GH definition
these messages were generated in GH but popped out over the Rhino command line

Type: NullReferenceException
An error occured in the display pipeline @ 14:29:12(640ms)
Message: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un’istanza di oggetto.
An error occured in the display pipeline @ 14:29:20(609ms)
An error occured in the display pipeline @ 14:29:21(564ms)
An error occured in the display pipeline @ 14:29:32(948ms)

while the errors were generated, rhino did not show any preview of anything coming from the GH definition, the only way to get a preview was by switching to preview of selected objects only
(and components like Custom Preview were not displaying any geometry anyway)

I don’t know if this is a bug, in my case I found out the error was generated by multiple components “point enumerator” from the -awesome- plugin Heteroptera placed in the very same GH canvas
(the error persists even if they are not enabled, and appears only with 3 or more of them were on the canvas)

by deleting all of them or keeping just one of them on the canvas, the error does not appear

note: the error is only generated when the GH file is opened
you can start a blank canvas, place even 20 of them on and everything will be ok, until you save and open the file again: at that point errors -in my case- popped out

What plug-in is that component from?

Hi David,

it’s from Heteroptera, “Networks” tab

EDIT: Interestingly, un-Enabling that “Point Enumerator” component does not disable it, the preview is still calculated and visible in the Rhino window

Ciao Inno,

Did you solve this problem? Pops out also in my Rhino today… I’ve opened a script done some weeks ago and now it has the same problem of you.

Only difference is that I’ve used the “Text baker” component (was the only one with the requirements I needed).

Grazie,
Michele.

nope, that thing is still there sometimes, didn’t find any viable workaround :frowning:

i encounter this issue for a long time.

At first I thought it was caused by the instability of rhino8. Did you find out the reason later?
My gh file only contains the native battery of rhino8