Always see selected point coordinates not evaluatepoint ? [Mac]

hi there, is there a way to have the point coordinates displayed permanently while working and not have to run evaluatept all the time ? I have assigned it to a keyboardshortcut now but it would be easier if i could just always have it displayed so it doesn’t go into the command history which i always use to trigger the last command.

You can add any command to Never repeat these commands List.

Hello - I do not have my mac available at the moment but I think you can set up cursor tooltips as in Rhino for windows in Preferences > Modeling aids.

If it is point object coordinates, not just a location, you can set particular points to have a label using text fileds:

-Pascal

You can add any command to Never repeat these commands List.

that’s great thx!

so when i enable the cursor tooltips nothing happens, i can’t see any tootltips.

If it is point object coordinates, not just a location, you can set particular points to have a label using text fileds

that sounds like exactly what i need but i can’t find this feature, where do i get that Text Field dialog box ?

https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/RhinoCommon/html/T_Rhino_Runtime_TextFields.htm

Hi Chris -

You will only see those when you are placing a point, inside a running command.
-wim

hey thx everyone for your tips … doesn’t really sort my problem thou, i was just thinking there was maybe a properties tab or some way to display coordinates like the cursor coordinates.

but with the shortcut key and removing evaluatept from the repeat commands that works for now.

just weird that there isn’t a status display for selected objects when there is one for the cursor.

@chris16 - if you open the BoxEdit panel, you may get something like what you are after.

-Pascal

the BoxEdit panel

unfortunately that doesn’t work on points, ctrl points or vertices, only for objects.