Allowed ressources

Hi,

I’m wondering if there is any way to force GH to use as much power as possible (with a cap) ? I’m running some gh definitions which use only 15 to 20 % CPU, 30% memory, and I’d like to up that to accelerate the computing.

Regards,

There are some components in GH1 which are multi-threaded, but in general GH1 is a single threaded application (and a UI-threaded one at that, so it locks the UI while it’s computing). GH2 is inherently multi-threaded but that required a total rewrite. So I’m afraid the answer is there’s nothing you can do.

Which component(s) are causing the most delays for you?

Well, it’s boolean difference (of course !), for 301ms, and some python scripting which deal with most of the work. But all combined, it should be 450-550 ms I think. Yet it takes 1.5 to 3 second (roughly estimated on 2000 try) to complete. As the model change, it’s logical that time change too (the number of parts used for boolean changes a lot). Still it’s 1 second more than the definition itself at best.

But I’m using a scripted export that bake the object, then export it (stl), then delete it, and repeat everything. I think it’s this part that burn most of the time.

I’m not there to be a pain-in-the-coding, I’m really glad of the result, I was just wondering because I saw how little the CPU and memory were used and I thought it was a bit wasted :slight_smile: