Happy New Year everyone
I have ended 2022 playing with the generative modelling tool Point·E from OpenAI. Here are 33 results from the test prompt “a building”
Each building takes about 2 minutes to generate on my little GeForce GTX 1650 GPU or nearly one hour on my 16 core 17 CPU. It then takes 3 minutes to create the surface model from the pointcloud. They all fit within a box of 1000x1000x1000 and have no specific units.
I particularly like this one:
To try it out at the moment you need some python skills : here is how I did it:
- set up a new python environment (I used venv but it should work with conda)
- (for cuda on the GPU) Follow the pytorch setup instructions from Start Locally | PyTorch
- clone the GitHub repo
- Install the Point-E package
- Install and launch jupyter notebook
- Open the example jupyter notebooks and play around
I am open to ideas for other text prompts : what prompt would you like me to try? I find simple ones work best.