AI Challenge

So new challenge, model an electric guitar to be cnc’ed…

So Im doing this the hard way…

One block to find the top and side view of each parts and carve them out from the body’s guitar…

Coz, im still learning but why go this long tedious way?

Flipped the side view at the right angle and match the top and side parts to find their depth and position.

Tedious work - GH helps to find the depth of the part and extrude it right…

I dont have a front view on this plans so i have to find among different files with each different scales what might fit. And these files have different models of this guitar and some have inches, some mms, some nothing (like the cross section of the neck) or the isometric layout of the bottom of the body… Yeah, i found lots of ways to modelize this… Lots of these plans have missing parts or features too. I found also some 3D ‘gimmick’ models of yet another model of this guitar but it’s just cosmetic - the body doesn’t have the features for the guitar parts, screw holes etc…

What would be the easiest way to teach an AI to recognize the parts and make a best of 3D model?

Recognizing parts should be easy matching positions and sizes…
Scaling is relative so easy also…

This looks easy right?
Provide the 3 plane plans (or more)…

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, the goal is not to create new stuff but find the parts, draw, ready… No rewriting the wheel.

1 Like

Im also using a stupid easy plan or draft. But interested in knowing what you guys think?

have you tried asking chatGPT? :slight_smile:

dont think it will help…would rather ask those who think about this…

1 Like