After computer restart, Discourse got huge... :-(

Huh? I just got back from vacation and am trying to get caught up. I can’t tell from your image what the problem is.

Hi Mitch,

Might this topic be related:

What the heck, my theme changed just now out of the blue to a dark one?
Also the before mentioned Theme option is not available under Preferences/Interface!

What is this madness? Has somebody listened a little too much to the Black Album? :thinking: :wink:

Hi @diff-arch
Just posted the same thing - at least it’s good to know, that I’m not the only one with a dark Discourse. Hopefully it’s not a permanent state.
-Jakob

1 Like

I bet they are implementing a subscription-based pro forum! :wink:

This is all my fault - I thought I was changing my personal settings, but apparently it was the global settings. OOPS :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

LOL… That’s funny :crazy_face: No sweat @DavidEranen - hopefully you didn’t delete any categories or anything!
-Jakob

The compact theme option still appears to be missing though, as per @Helvetosaur’s initial post and my reply.

Can you set it back to the way it was (compact included)?

@Helvetosaur,

I thought I did. I haven’t touched any “Compact” setting, and I can’t find anything relating to that in the settings. What I do remember is that there were two styles that looked like they were custom made: Light and Dark setting. Now I can’t find the Light setting anymore - I believe Discourse has been set to the Default setting.

I need help from some Discourse experts @will @brian. How do I change Discourse’s theme back to what it was two days ago? How do I make the default theme “Compact”?

@discourse We’ve accidentally lost one of our custom themes (“compact”). Can you please help us to recover it?

/cc @stevebaer

A strong late entry for McNeel OOPS moment of 2019 from @DavidEranen :smiley:

1 Like

Hm… I just googled “Oops moment” to post a funny meme here, but that’s all about showing too much skin… and now it’s too late and I have to work… darn.

1 Like

Oh no… the dreaded Discourse white space disease has somehow now propagated to my iPad… :rage::exploding_head::-1:t2::-1:t2::-1:t2:

Well, nothing seems to be changing here… Just as as a comparison, here’s what stuff used to look like (more or less) a few days ago… (I say more or less because there’s no way to go back, so I’m relying on some 2 year old screenshots)

Discourse on my desktop in 2017:

Discourse on my iPad in 2017:

Now, for the “today” experience:
(Click on the images to experience them full-size!)

Discourse on my desktop:

Discourse on my iPad:

Discourse on my iPhone:

C’mon guys, get a clue!!! This is just not nice, it’s now extremely difficult to have an overview of all the new posts if you are not checking every 5 minutes, and the reading experience now feels a lot like this to me:

Dick&Jane

3 Likes

Hi Mitch, I’ve asked the Discourse people to look into what happened here.
-wim

Thanks @wim. I thought at-mentioning them was the way to get in touch but apparently not!

Thanks @wim! While you’re at it, you might mention how ridiculous the thing looks on an iPhone (I suppose other mobiles as well) - and this even before the whitespace mess happened. The avatar of the latest poster in the leftmost column is now the most important visual element - basically what that says to me is who posted the message is deemed to be more important than the actual message content.

Looks like the social network-izing of Discourse.

1 Like

This isn’t the first symptom either…

Philip

Hey Mitch, the compact theme should be available again - is it more or less like it used to be a few days ago?
-wim

1 Like