Add web link to layout PDF

Is there a way to add a web page link to a layout page which will be exported as a PDF document.
I would like to add some links to product pages on the internet into my layouts, tia :slight_smile:

From within Rhino, I do not know.

Typically, the go to PDF editor is Acrobat DC, if you have access to that.

The Preview app in OS X has an insert text tool, but I do not know off the top of my head whether a hyperlink comes out clickable.

Here is a page with some other alternatives:

https://www.cisdem.com/resource/how-to-add-hyperlink-to-pdf.html

would be great to be able to do this within Rhino/layouts, I provide my client with PDF’s created from layouts, and to be able to add web page links to product variations would be very useful :slight_smile:

(In the office I work on a PC, but at home I have a MacBook Pro and I know in preview you can add hyperlinks to PDF’s)

@mary @dan can this be done ?

Hi Milezee,
I agree, this is very help to be included in PDF output.
Currently you can attach a Hyperlink to any object in Rhino for Mac.
Highlight the object and go to Tools -> Hyperlink -> Attach.

But there is a bug that the Tools -> Hyperlink -> Open is not working on the Mac. RH-42807
This works in Rhino 5 for Windows.

Also the Hyperlink is not included yet in the PDF output in Rhino for Windows or Rhino for Mac.
That has been added to the tracker as RH-42809.

When these items are reviewed, the developer may make them available for viewing.
We will let you know when a fixes are available.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier
McNeel Technical Support and Training
Seattle, WA

thanks for the reply Mary, it would be a valuable addition to have the ability to add web page links in notes on a layout page for sure :slight_smile:, this then takes away the need to open the PDF’s in a different piece of software, which in turn is much more efficient :smile:

Sorry about dragging this up again, but this would be a super nice addition. Especially if it could be added to product images or QR codes and so on.

1 Like

Well at least text links work fine in a Rhino PDF