Add/Substract Solid usability tweaks

Hello,
Add and Substract Solid in VA is great. However, I would like to see some usability tweaks:

1. Direct moving of substracted solids by moving square dot handle is very handy. Can we please have the same handle for moving solid that have been add?

2. Big inconvienance: Extract Solids extracts all solids, there is no option to extract just one. It is inconvienient and is not following the logic of two basic operations „Explode” and „Extract Surface” from Rhino.

3. This one is mostly because of how Extrac Solids is currently working.
    It would be nice if we could enter some edit mode similar to how Rhino’s Block Edit is working for given VA objects. For example we could enter edit mode for the Wall and here, uninterupted modify shapes and placements of added and substracted solids.
    The problem right now is that there is too long path to edit one of many added/substracted solids in e.g. VA Wall.

1 Like

Hi @barden00,

This is working right now. Just make sure you’re not using a shaded display mode that may hide the control point inside the added solid.

Enric

1 Like

I need to add something:

1. I would expect the line between the added solid and the wall to be the same thickness as between wall layers. More control is needed here.

2. Option for the added solid to match the pattern/material of the wall where this division line would completely disappear.

3. The best would be to have control over lines like it is in Revit, where I can override, and hide various edges/lines - but I don’t think that is possible at the moment.

4. This is a Wall from solid. I needed to assign a curve to it. Could it be a polyline? I had to do some ugly trick by rebuilding the polyline to a one-piece 3-rd degree curve.

Hi @barden00 and @Czaja,

In VisualARQ 3 it will be possible to select the solids to extract.

I will let you know when this is possible.

In the example you are showing, if VisualARQ takes the wall layer thickness to represent the intersection line, this thickness would be smaller than the added solid thickness, wouldn’t that be a bit strange in terms of representation? If the solid lines are thicker, I think the intersection line should take this thicker value. In which case would you like to have the other result?

I am not sure about this… when you construct one of those objects, the added solid would be a different element right? If the wall you are showing in your image had more than one layer with different patterns, which wall layer should the solid join? If there is more than one wall layer with the same pattern as the solid, would you join all those wall layers as well?

I guess you ar referring to the Linework Revit tool.

Now it is not possible but I will let you know when this is possible.

1. The intersection line between the solid and the wall just needs to be controlled independently from the wall and solid outlines.
  2. This is just a silly example, the best would be if I could decide if I want a division line or not. For example, this could be a wall in a renovated old building where you can find e.g. pilasters. So, solid / wall intersection line thickness should have an option to be user-defined, including 0.