Add "SubD Revolution" icon and small flaws

I have noticed that you have updated the SubD toolbar, arranged much better! :+1:

I would like to highlight just one small thing: unfortunately, after the service release, the icon of the “SubD Revolution” tool was not added.
(also, in Italian, you should correct the term “REvoluzione” in “RIvoluzione”, this is correct). :wink:

Another small flaw found in the SubD toolbars:
Inside the “SubD Toroid” tool (passing the mouse arrow), the item “merge all coplanar faces” appears (right mouse button). This entry should be deleted!

1 Like

There is an icon called “Merge faces”, so the “Merge all complanar faces” RMB command could be moved there, I guess?

These don’t do the same thing

I refer to this anomaly:
Immagine 2021-04-15 135154

1 Like

Haha that’s a funny one

Here is my simple solution. :slight_smile:

Hi Davide,

In order to fix the bug you mentioned, can you provide a screenshot for the runtime error and Rhino build number, please? Thanks a lot.

Anna
Localization Team

Latest official build of 10/04/2021 (Rhino 7).
This is the screenshot of the translation error (REvoluzione instead of RIvoluzione):

1 Like

Hi Davide,

We will find out and fix the error asap.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Anna

Hi,

The Italian bug has been fixed and will be available in the next build release.

Thanks a lot.

Anna
Localization Team

3 Likes

I’m not Italian, nor I use the Italian version of Rhino, but I thank you for listening to the users and taking time to improve Rhino as soon as your team could.

2 Likes

Whoever detects possible bugs and gives various suggestions (many of them interesting, like those you post), provides a great service both for McNeel and for the whole Rhino-Cad community.

Otherwise the software would remain stuck in rigid business choices and full of flaws here and there.
:wink:

2 Likes

I totally agree that we all benefit from using a more capable Rhino. And what a better way to have it than sharing our own suggestions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The SubD toolbar has finally been better organized (it was all confusing before).
You should just add an icon of the “revolution” command, I don’t understand why, after so many Service Releases it is still not present (only this one is missing).

Also, the icon for this new SubD command has been added: “PackSubDFaces”. I would like to say that this icon is really ugly put together with the others: those jarring, fluorescent colors have nothing to do with the typical (cute) Rhino icons!

I would advise you to modify it, making it more in line with the other icons: even the eye wants its part!

Good software also includes good level design. :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t use pack subd faces before…so could u explain what’s the use of this one?