Activate layer of selected object

hi i have another question is there any way to select same objects but it is not same class
I have attached a file hope you understand what I meanVideo_2021-09-21_203053.rar (1020.6 KB)

So in the video you want to select all of the boxes that are 100mm wide?

1 Like

just like i was looking for a solution, they are same in all measurements and same color type but they are in different classes

assuming they have the same measurements, but different colors and layers

My aim is to find similar objects, automatically select those objects, but they are different color and different class

Can you explain what you mean by ā€œdifferent classesā€?

1 Like

exactly as I needed, they come in different levels and colors

[image]

letā€™s say I have 3 identical objects with the same size, but not the same layer and color. Is there a way for me to quickly select all of them?

I made a short video hope you will understand what I need your help such as a certain solution or a certain scenario so that I can quickly find each similar object quickly fast?Video_2021-09-22_214424.rar (3.2 MB)

you can created a named selection for them-
you can group them
you can name them in the properties and then use selname
you can create a snapshot of them (this has a ton of options)

1 Like

thank you but really what you share i have done too, but they are not fast

Besides what Kyle mentioned you might be able to script to select by volume. If the detail is identical it would have the same volume. But that would only work for closed polysurfaces.

1 Like

you can always make those commands into an alias or hotkey to speed it up- use an unassigned f key or your own choice of key combo for an alias.

1 Like

too bad i donā€™t know how to write script i just have an idea and hope for expert favor

I just want to have a version that helps me when I look up how many similar objects in a drawing are, and automatically select those objects, without having to search through layers.

I just hope so, itā€™s really worth it for me. Can you please help me with a script?

Try this.

SelByVolume.py (805 Bytes)

1 Like

thank you, thatā€™s great

I have a few questions that I really need your help with, but Iā€™ll ask you tomorrow!

Iā€™ve tried it and itā€™s helpful, but if that script works on all surface types that would be great, am I too greedy? for something that canā€™t be done?