AccuRender Studio for Rhino - Render 4X to 10X faster

unhandled

Thanks, Roy. I’ve just upgraded my GPU to a Vega 56 which is considerably newer and faster than my recently retired Firepro W7000. If GPU years are like dog years, then that old friend is the same age as me! I will be upgrading to V6 soon as new work is coming in to pay for it. Again, thanks, rob

My next processor is going to be an AMD. Proprietary tech lock-in is something that I consider before making purchases.

[Denoising filters aren’t rocket science, I would be surprised if McNeel would be beholden to anyone for a critical yet replaceable code snippet.]

(Roy Hirshkowitz) #24

This stuff does work (well) on AMD. Only requirement is sse4.1 which will be present on any new AMD chips. The nVidia version of this, on the other hand, is proprietary.

This filter is as close to “rocket science” as it gets, BTW. It’s brand new and an area of current research. It features a machine learning approach where the algorithm is trained on a bunch of sample images which vary from partially to totally converged.

The Intel stuff is open source so I do have access to their code.

(Andrew Nowicki) #25

If it does not utilize Nvidia’s CUDA graphics card (GPU), it is slow.

Could you expand slightly on the Intel Open Image Denois feature. I have an overclocked 4.25 ghz 3930K. Will that ancient beast qualify for the above?

(Roy Hirshkowitz) #27

That’s an i7 right? I would certainly think it has sse4.1. You can verify online, or by running a console app called coreinfo (you’ll need to download it first), or by trying out ArStudio (it should tell you if it can’t do it.)

Hi Roy;

Yeah, it’s a core I7 hexacore that was quite the cat’s meow when I overpaid for it six years ago! But, it still works just fine and I have had it on water cooling the entire time. It’s also manageable enough to over-clock which I’ve done to 4.25 GHZ. I’ve yet to see temps get above 64 degrees C and then only in the summer when rendering in Flamingo with six cores at 100% for extended periods of time. I’ve attached a rendering that shows just how to heat up that old beast! Thanks again, anxious to upgrade and give cycles a chance to improve my work along with Studio AR Flamingo. Cheers, Rob

I do not have a very powerful laptop … Do I need to try this render, or is it better to just install a new V-Ray now?

(Roy Hirshkowitz) #30

Runs pretty well on my Surface Pro.

(Andrew Nowicki) #31

Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 CPU has 28 cores. It costs about $495. Its maximum speed is 2,240 double GFLOPs. Nvidia V100 PCIe (Volta) GPU has 80 cores and 16 GB RAM. It costs about $6000. Its maximum speed is 7,014 double GFLOPs. source: https://www.xcelerit.com/computing-benchmarks/insights/benchmarks-intel-xeon-scalable-processor-vs-nvidia-v100-gpu/

I wonder whether the AccuRender Studio can use all 28 cores of the new Intel CPU.