AccuRender Studio for Rhino - Render 4X to 10X faster

AccuRender Studio is the next generation rendering engine and tools in the AccuRender product line. It represents a major leap forward in quality, efficiency and ease of use. It is currently available for free as a work-in-progress.

This daylit interior ran for just over one minute!

Some highlights:

• Advanced engine with fewer compromises and biases for easy to use, high quality results.
  • Built in noise removal allows rendering to complete much faster without requiring specialized hardware.
  • Plugins for Rhino 6, AutoCAD and other CAD applications.
  • Optional standalone renderer which accepts input from Rhino(.3DM), Sketchup(.SKP), Obj and FBX.
  • Online material and plant libs.

Installation Instructions for Rhino 6 Plugin:

1. Download and install AccuRender Studio.
  2. Open Rhino 6.
  3. Drag and drop the AccuRender Studio plugin for Rhino by navigating to

c:\program files\AccuRender Studio/ArStudioForRhino.rhp

You should only have to do this step once. The file will be demand loaded after that.

1. Type ARSTUDIO in Rhino to bring up the interface.

Rhino6 ArStudio commands:

ArStudio-- brings up the full product interface including a render preview window.

ArStudioPlants-- allows loading and placement of plants.

ArTagLights-- select objects to be treated as AccuRender lights. The light properties, such as direction and strength are edited in the ArStudio interface.

ArStudioRemoveData-- removes the new AccuRender Studio data from your drawing. May be useful for recapturing legacy data.

Features:

• New Rhino plugin
    • All data is stored in the Rhino model.
  • Built-in Intel Open Image Denoise
    • Most drawings are 4-10 times faster using noise removal!
    • Runs on most Intel-based computers. Special GPU hardware is not required.
  • New Render engine
    • Engine is parameter-free, physically-based, realistic, simpler to use.
    • Rendered preview shows your changes quickly.
    • Effects like caustics are generated automatically, without user input.
    • Large numbers of lights can be used without significant performance degradation.
    • Support for parallel processing has been improved, whether using multiple cores on a single machine, or multiple machines.
    • Lighting channel concept has been expanded and improved.
  • Cloud Rendering and Data
    • Support included for rendering to your own Azure Batch account.
    • Our cloud account can be used with a credit card.
    • Plant and material cloud libraries are easily accessed.
  • Out-of-AutoCAD operation
    • Option for out-of-process rendering so you can continue to work in Rhino.
    • Includes a full standalone AccuRender Studio version includes input from a variety of sources.
    • Render farm support improved and included.
    • Plants can be exported as meshes for use in other rendering and modeling software.
    • New data formats
    • New material format allows for easier creation of realistic surfaces.
    • New plant format offers more realistic, easier to create, plants.
4 Likes

AccuRender?! You are making me feel old… Great to see this blast from the past, thanks!

It is a completely new technology. Currently it is a pathtracer complimented by Intel’s denoiser technology.

Combining the two seems to really change the experience with the rendering.

1 Like

It works, it’s fast.It imports materials from Rhino with renderer set to Flamingo correctly.
Edge softening works sometimes, shut lining doesn’t. That maybe my fault. Decals disappear.
It imports all Rhino layers not just the ones that are on. It does not import the views properly, I have to reset them.
A brief help file would be nice; I have no idea how set constraints like the number of passes.

Thanks-- I’ll take a look at the few issues you mentioned. Constraints aren’t in there unless you render to the farm or cloud. I can add them as well. Share some images if you can.

Can you send us a sample model and the decal you are using? We want to look and see why it is not showing up.

It is very simple: it is a planar map, single color texture that I use to draw a boot line on a boat hull. It renders properly with Flamingo and with Rhino…
(A booth line is a thick waterline).
If needed, I will post the model with decal.

A couple things. You need to use the Rhino Decal property, not Flamingos. Also, in my example the decal is in front of the object projecting backwards into the object. You can see in the capture:

I"ll try to re-apply the decal using the Rhino decals property and will post the result.

Here is a decal that renders in Rhino and Flamingo. It’s a simple flag on a panel.
It does not show up in ARstudio.
Could it be a path problem?
I have a decals folder that’s not in the Rhino paths.
Files attached:
ryco.3dm (12.3 MB)
ryco_ensign

Thanks for this-- I found a bug in my code.

Hi!

I´m sure this is a stupid question but when you say:

“Drag and drop the AccuRender Studio plugin for Rhino”

where should I drop it to…?

Thanks,
Janne

Hi,
Just simply drag it on top of the open Rhino6 window,

How well will an AMD 500 series card work with ARStudio?

I take it that ARStudio will not run with V5 Rhino?

Just run installer, went through the process but there is nothing inside rhino and it doesn’t respond to the arstudio command.

Tried this out today on a laptop and one node. It seemed to work. I guess the queue is file watcher based? Any plans for a linux node?

If you are looking for feedback:

• ‘Open image editor when complete’ checkbox didn’t seem to work, but I found the image editor.exe and was able to open the combined image.

• I had the node.exe and the studio open on my laptop, which used ~100% cpu. Just the node.exe on the node seemed to use ~50% cpu. The node is an older Xeon but should be fine. Could have been something on my side but don’t know what. I didn’t have time to do any further experiments. Thought it might be of interest.

• Couldn’t accomplish much with the material editor…is it a one way pipe from rhino to AccuRender for now?

• Performance datapoint : I7-6600U quad core @ 2.9GHz -

I’ll test further when I get back to workstation.

It’s a CPU-based product so your GPU won’t effect rendering performance except for things like changing the view (which is OpenGL based at present.)

Currently Rhino 6 only.

The render farm is very basic-- file system based using a shared folder.

Definitely looking for feedback, this will be very helpful. Strange about the Open Image Editor checkbox, I’ll verify that it’s working here and may investigate further. Not sure what you mean about material editor. Changes made in ArStudio should be saved in the Rhino drawing. Next time ArStudio is used the changes should be persistent. Whether the Rhino display changes is complicated and depends on many factors such as material type and default renderer. Performance seems OK-- overall performance is greatly enhanced by denoiser.