Accessing some display properties via macro/script (v5)

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to change AA settings and possibly Skylight on/off via macro or rhinoscript/python.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

–jarek

Hm, there was a TestSetAALevel command in the past which was replaced with a message box pointing to the OpenGL options page… and TestSkylight does bring up some cool command line options which all do not work. :frowning:

I see you’ve asked about the skylight some time ago, maybe @andy can point into the right direction how to do this via python. I’ve tried V6 but there i do not get any skylight shown, just some cloudy spots fixed to the screenplane.

c.

Thanks Clement. Andy suggested Python but from my search I can’t see anything there, either (but I am not 100% sure where to look in RhinoCommon). The old test commands won’t cut it. I;m trying to be able to change these settings on-the-fly without a need to dig into menus and panels every single time.

–jarek

Hi,

I second this question in 2021 with Rhino 7 where I´m trying to set up an environment for rendering with what should have been a very simple of macro. Can´t find the commands to set skylight on or set ambient light colour though (looks like I´ll be running into more missing commands). I´d welcome any help on this topic.

Thanks,
Andrew

OK so the correct answer to this 5 year old qestion apperas to be the command _-DocumentProperties and subseqent commands. Silly me searched in all the other places.

Thanks and sorry for reviving if noone ever searches for this again.

The sheer number of document properties has made command line scripting unwieldy. Your better off learning how to write scripts to automate these types of tasks.

– Dale