About Trust Levels

What’s this stuff about trust levels, and how do they work?

I personally like the idea of active users gaining more rights for administering and maintaining the site, and inactive or new users taking a little time to get there. What do you think?

1 Like

Personally, I’m not for it. It could lead to a situation of “mobbing” of an unpopular or opinionated user by a clique of persons who are “experienced users”. Nobody should have rights to "administer’’ besides the McNeel forum administrators.

Also, perhaps a bit of attitude here, but I really don’t care whether people “like” my posts or not, this is not a popularity contest, this is a place to share information and help people. We had no such ratings on the NNTP newsgroup and never needed them. Personally, I don’t care what “trust level” a person has nor how many people have “liked” their posts. OTOH, what is interesting to me is the number of posts that the person has, if there are a significant amount, then I know the person is actively engaged in the community, and after reading a few of their posts, I will be able to decide for myself whether I “trust” their info.

----H

1 Like

Trust Level 4 — Leader

Leaders are regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, these are the folks you turn to first, and they’ve earned the highest level of community trust, such that they are almost moderators within the community already.

Get to trust level 4 by…

• Manual promotion by staff only
    Every other Trust Level have lists of criteria.

But for Trust Level 4 only by manual option. This to be changed little bit.

Thanks,