About flatting graphics

Hi,everyone。I have encountered such a problem, I would like to ask you how we can do it with GH.See pictures for details.gg.gh (21.3 KB)

You question is not clear. Can you explain what you need?
I see that you have a polysurface with 3 faces, you created tabs in 3d. Then there is another brep which seems to be the flat version of your brep, with all tabs flattened. Are you asking how to flatten the 3D breps to get your second brep?
If so, “Unroll” GH component can help, but it will work more predictably if you add the tabs only after unrolling.

This is a broken aluminum plate. I need to unfold it completely. Then process treatment. What I need now is the reciprocal of the two processes. It is the expansion of the body, then the reverse, and the redevelopment of the expanded body. This is the two process.

I also used the rhinoceros leveling order. Because of the relationship between three sides, the effect after leveling is not what I need. So I asked the forum if there was any way to accomplish this very important operation for me.

In order to acieve what you expect you MUST NOT use polysurface. You’ll have to remodel this surface such that the flanges are part of that single surface with the radius that corresponds to the real object. I cannot imagine aluminum bent 90 degrees without a radius. For such geometry I think Network of curves should be used to build the surface. Afterwards use unroll as @rajaa explained

Yes, the actual case of aluminum plate bending is curved radius. But in object modeling, the radius can be a negligible thing. I just need to expand it out. I tried unroll in the rhinoceros, but I didn’t get what I needed. It’s a mess, and you can try the noodle bake out to try it out.

Not if you plan to unroll it.

How did you try it? With the polysurface? Read my previous comment, again.

1 Like

Reshape the surface so that the flange is part of that surface and its radius corresponds to the actual object?

Not reshape, re-create.

Use intersections/boundary curves/isocurves, of the polysurface+the fillet radius and make into a single surface using ‘network of curves’ or ‘patch’ commands. Then unroll the single surface

Patch may not work, ignore it. Use network of curves.

Can I trouble you to demonstrate? Thank you very much.

Two approaches are apparent to me, re-shape which is time consuming adding dragging control points, reshaping your polysurface with nurbs.

Second one is create a mesh of the flattened polysurface and rotate the flanges. That I would not even try. I am not used to working with mesh.

Both approaches are how I see myself doing this in Rhino (not Grasshopper)

As for the:

Sorry, no time to do my stuff in Rhino, let alone spend numerous hours to do yours. While waiting someone else to do it for you try to understand what I suggested and start trying.

I’ve been trying, I don’t know, to ask BBS. Because I have just been exposed to this software. A lot of the ideas come from BBS.