About Eddy

Is there a way to make it work when BlueCFD is installed in D: rather than C: ? (I know it should be installed in C: according to the documentation but I cannot spare 5Gigs on my SSD.)

Thank you for your help Remy, much appreciated!

Kind regards
Julia

Very welcome!

~Remy

Dear Kane,

I will address this in one of the future releases and provide user-defined paths for the simulation engines. Please see if a symbolic link to your custom installation works for you until then:

1. Start the cmd Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. Type ‘mklink /D “D:\blueCFD-Core-2017” “C:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017”’
    without the single quotations, where ‘D:\blueCFD-Core-2017’ is the location of your custom installation.

Please refer to this post for further explanation.

Best,

Patrick

I have the same problem. I installed BlueCFD and Radiance in the folder as explained in the instructions.

Did you solve the problem?

Having the same problem. Radiance installed in the location specified but still crashing when I try to run MRT component. Any help appreciated.

Hello!
I am having the same issue with Mean Radiant Temperature component. The Radiance is installed in C:\Program Files\Radiance folder, but Rhino crashes every time I toggle the component. Have you found the solution for this problem? Any advices I should try?

Dear Jelena,

I will fix this issue in a new release but I am not able to promise a release date at this point in time. However, the MRT workflow is very experimental in nature and even if it worked, I wouldn’t recommend it for your thesis at this point.

If you have your own way of calculating the MRT and creating a data tree from those results, please have a look at the file attached. WriteMRT.gh (5.4 KB)
It will write a binary file to your case folder that can be picked up by Eddy3D.

Best,

Patrick

Hi Seghier,
Is there any way you can share that script? I’m trying to do a wind analysis for school.

I will check if i find it

I don’t know exactly where i saved the file in the video
Try this may help you

wind test2.gh (223.6 KB)

thank you for the quick reply! this is perfect but I was wondering about the one with the static vector curves.

I used the script from this post

ahhh… cool cool! thank you so much! this will for sure work! thank you again!

Hello Patrick,
many thanks for your responses.
I have the same issue that Alexander had, furthermore, the mesh looks fine in Paraview and I am still experiencing the same issue.
kindly note that I am using the templates that you have shared within the plugin.

Many thanks.
Mohamed.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: BlueCFD button issue

A post was split to a new topic: Eddy for Rhino 7?

Hi! I have the same problem with the standard “3_SimpleWindAnalysis” example without any input changes or whatever. The situation is the same with other definitions. If you have already solved your problem, can you please explain how you did it?

Hi,

Hard to tell what the issue is from the screenshot. If you post your file I can look.

From the screenshot though, it seems as if the sim crashed or did not resolve, i.e. you did not run enough iterations. Could also be the model, how you probed it, etc.

Hey,

I switchted the CPUs Panel from -1 to 2 and it worked.