About Eddy

Thanks for your reply.
That is not the problem. I have Iter set to 100, wrtiteIt to 10 and TSteps to 10 but still only time step 100 is reconstructed. I do see time steps 10-100 in the processors folders, so it does write correctly it is just that reconstruct is not working.

And a second question - how do I change time step in the probing component? Or do I always show the last time step?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

You can’t directly from Grasshopper at this point. We are running a steady-state simulation in which it makes sense to always look at the last iteration that has been simulated.
If you really would like to look at any other iteration:

1. Open the BlueCFD terminal
  2. Navigate to your case folder C:\test
  3. Adapt and run this command: postProcess -case 0 -func ttt -time 100 | tee -a log , where 100 is the iteration folder you would like to probe and ttt is the name of your probing instance.

Best,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

We are running a steady-state simulation in which it makes sense to always look at the last iteration that has been simulated

Okay, that makes sense. But why do I even need to specify the WriteIt and TSteps then, since that shouldn’t influence the simulation?

Thanks,
David

Is there an example of including terrain geometry in Simulation Domain? It says “Make sure the terrain geometry is bigger than the ground plane of the wind tunnel.” Not sure I understand it. Anyone can shed light on this will be greatly appreciated.

But why do I even need to specify the WriteIt and TSteps then, since that shouldn’t influence the simulation?

You don’t have to specify them but you could if you wanted to. Some users might find it useful when working on advanced analyses.

Is there an example of including terrain geometry in Simulation Domain? It says “Make sure the terrain geometry is bigger than the ground plane of the wind tunnel.” Not sure I understand it. Anyone can shed light on this will be greatly appreciated.

When using any sort of ground surface that is not flat, make sure that it extends beyond the ground surface of the wind tunnel, see below.

Best,

Patrick

@chenyu73 @DavAndLar

I wish Rhino users had an OpenFoam reprocessing solution for auto/cycle bodies. Such a solution would also help for ship superstructures.

In the case for auto bodies, OpenFoam already can use moving ground.

Hello,
I just tried some cases with Eddy, really impressive !
Is there a way to output and get the total drag resistance (Fx) value ?
Best regards,
Mathieu

@eddy3d Rhino crashes when mrt component is set to true in the latest version of eddy for UTCI calculation.

Does this work with Rhino 64bits?

yes!

1 Like

Can we get result like these with Eddy?

1 Like

Yes. The above images are visualization of the resulting data of simulations. With the use of Paraview it is possible to visualize this.

1 Like

When i clean the file ; calculation (RunSim) don’t work again
what is the problem?

this using 3d grid
is there eddy component to create lines like in paraview?

Hello; the file windAnalysisWithTree
-RunMsh work fine
-MakeTrees looks there is a problem here
-RunSim don’t work properly after run MakeTrees

Clean don’t work properly , maybe it remove files but when we run simulation again nothing happen

hi @anon39580149. Can you please share your script to check. To answer your next question eddy doesnt have such feature as it becomes quite complicated to generate heavy mesh inside rhino. Paraview is intensively for that.

The script is included in eddy plugin
Wind anslysis with tree

When i clean the file ; calculation (RunSim) don’t work again
i solve this by using python code to clean folder than recompute (F5) than RunSim

import os
mypath = x
for root, dirs, files in os.walk(mypath):
for file in files:
    if y == True:
        os.remove(os.path.join(root, file))

1 Like

Did you create a 3D grid to have those results?

Hi @ seghierkhaled

Could you tell me how did you get the visualization in the second image?

I know that Paraview can generate the same result, but I’m curious if and how it can be done inside grasshopper.

Thank you